When it comes to flooring in the house as well as the office space, a lot of people prefer using the option of laminate flooring. Laminate tends to create an effect of wooden flooring but is cheaper than actual wooden material. It not only looks very graceful but also creates a welcoming and warm indoor environment. There are many amazing benefits or advantages of but at the same time, you will need to weigh its disadvantages as well. If you are confused about laminates, then by comparing and analyzing the following advantages and disadvantages, you will be able to come to a decision:
Advantages of laminate flooring
- Durability is one of the best features of laminate flooring and the top reason why so many people love to go for it. This material is strong and does not get damaged for many years.
- Another advantage of laminates is that they are designed for heavy traffic and works well for adults, children and even pets.
- Another advantage of this flooring material is that it is extremely easy to maintain and hardly needs any work from your end to keep it as good as new. It is easy to clean, wipe, mop or broom.
- Laminate flooring is highly versatile and is available in many differences colors, shades, styles and patterns.
- Laminate flooring is less expensive when compared with hardwood flooring and is an option which fits into the pocket of most people.
- Dirt and dust does not stick to laminate flooring and this is another reason why this option is so loved.
Disadvantages of laminate flooring
One of the major disadvantages of laminate flooring is that it may not be the most environment friendly product out there and this may bother some people who prefer installing Eco-friendly flooring options to their homes and offices.
Another disadvantage of laminate flooring is that in spite of it being a durable material; it does not last for more than 10-15 years.
Laminate flooring is not one material which you can uniformly install all over the house or office because it cannot be installed outdoors and also in the bathrooms. Even-though nothing major happens to it but many manufacturers do not honor the warranty if installed in bath spaces.
Another negative point which is associated with laminate flooring is that it cannot be refinished or sanded if it gets damaged in any case. This means that if at all it gets damaged, it may need to be changed or replaced all together.
Laminate flooring tends to create sound of foots when people walk on it and due to this reason, there may be a need to sub floor it as an additional requirement. This may add to the overall cost.
Now that you know both the negatives and positives of laminate flooring, you can make the decision easily. If you wish to avail laminate flooring installation, then you can log on to www.applefloors.co.za